The Center for New Structural Economics (CNSE) is founded by Prof Justin Yifu Lin, the former Chief Economist of World Bank. The CNSE applies the Growth Identification and Facilitation Framework (GIFF) to help developing countries to achieve economic structural transformation. The Center, for its purposes, has built close ties with top ranked international institutions including World Bank, UNDP, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, and therefore serves as a maker of future talents with more exposure to careers in international economic development.
Call for application: Research Assistants (RAs)
Type: Part time internship
1. 1-2 English-French speaker (African)
2. 1-2 Chinese-French speaker (Chinese)
Salary: monthly stipend + Bonus based on performance
Responsible to: The project manager
Responsibilities of the recruit
1. The RA is required to be fluent in the above-mentioned languages as s/he will have to search, gather, provide, report and share or communicate information in both languages for the use of the Center for New Structural Economics (CNSE).
2. The RA will provide translation and proofreading to English or Chinese documents from/to French
3. The RA shall participate to workshops or presentations to instruct French audience on the behalf of the team
Purpose of the post:
As the CNSE is getting wider international recognition, the personnel is being updated and upgraded to meet the growing demand of its policy implementations in Asian and African developing countries. We are therefore pleased to welcome new talents especially with French background to participate in our programs including dissemination and application of the New Structural Economics tools to the French audience.
Chinese/English-French speaking RAs work in the international Team and particularly will:
1. Assist the Manager in running French speaking countries projects
2. Perform routine tasks assigned by the Principal Investigator other than his/her Manager
3. Work from home to meet deadline requirement in case of crisis
4. Participate in field works within Asia and Africa
RAs are expected, but not limited to:
1. Be familiar with Microsoft Office
2. Produce high quality memo/reports both in English/Chinese and French
3. Demonstrate ability to work in team as well as independently
4. Be strict in time management
5. Be proactive
6. Use STATA or other econometrics and statistical tools for data analysis (optional)
- Recently graduate (or currently enrolled in) a Master’s degree program in at least one of the following majors: Economics, international trade, industrial organization, development economics, manufacturing, SEZs development, French-Economics double majors.
- Available and willing to work as intern at CNSE from no later than Feb. 13, 2017.
Application procedure (online)
Submit the following in English, Chinese or in French to email@example.com (the title of the email should follow the format of [RA_full name_the earliest availability date (e.g. Feb. 10 to July 10, 2017)] :
- One page of statement of interest
- One page of Resume
- Writing sample (optional)
- Academic transcripts (Chinese or English)
- One letter of recommendation (optional)
- One copy of passport and visa (for non-Chinese applicants)
Application deadline: February 06, 2017.